WE ARE NOW ACCEPTING REGISTRATIONS
Our program plan is in place, our registration form now includes skating times and costs.
Click here to download a registration form. Please email or mail it to our club with your intent for registration.
We will have a registration drop off evening:
Tues September 30th @ Jen’s Driveway :
228 Conestoga Street in Arthur
Rain-date Wednesday Oct 1st.
RETURN TO PLAY PROTOCOL AS ISSUED BY SKATE CANADA – Please click for full information.
HEALTH SCREENING QUESTIONNAIRE – This must be filled out by each skater. Please print, fill in and bring with you at the beginning of the season.
SKATE ONTARIO WAIVER – This must be filled out by each skater. Please print, fill in and bring with you the first night of skating.
RETURN TO PLAY GUIDELINES
Entrance Into Arena:
**Masks are MANDATORY as per the Township of Wellington North
- the main entrance will be the entrance for all skaters
- entrance into the arena will be permitted only 15 minutes prior to the start of skating. Participants arriving earlier will be asked to wait outside the facility until that time.
ALL skaters and Guardians must:
- sanitize hands on entry into the arena
- keep a minimum of 2m between themselves while waiting outside arena and upon entering the arena
- sign in on the “Session Participation and Health Screening Tracking” sheet and Review the Covid-19 Screening questions at the main desk -all information must be filled out and health screening passed prior to entry onto ice surface
- ***ALL skaters are encouraged to come dressed and prepared to skate (dressing rooms will be available for skaters as needed- see info below re:dressing rooms)
- dressing rooms will be available for skaters/guardians 15 minutes before skating sessions
- skaters will be asked to head directly to their dressing rooms, and are asked to stay in there until a coach directs them to the ice
- skaters will proceed through the designated ice entry point in a physically distanced manner
- please remember that there is limited space and time available within the change rooms. Change rooms will only accommodate a maximum of 10 skaters at any time.
- *masks may be removed for skaters when entering the ice surface (guardians are required to keep masks on at ALL times)
- at this time we will be limiting spectators to ONE spectator per family
- spectators may watch from the stands only. No viewing from the lobby as per the Township of Wellington North Guidelines
- spectators must be physically distanced by a minimum of 2m
- spectators may walk through the lobby to access the washrooms
- spectators may assist with tying and untying of skates
- for older skaters, we ask that spectators please exit the building once the Ice Resurfacer is on the ice, and wait for your skater outside in the parking lot or in your vehicles
- dressing rooms will be cleaned and sanitized by facility staff after each use
- washrooms will be cleaned and sanitized twice daily
- high touched areas such as door knobs will be sanitized several times per day
Exiting the Faciliity:
- skaters/guardians within the facility will not be permitted to exit through the main entrance
- skaters/guardians will be asked to leave using the fire exit doors near the dressing rooms at the side of the building- this is to avoid cross over of the next skating session
- skaters/guardians must exit the arena within 15 minutes of coming off of the ice
- skaters/guardians must sanitize their hands upon exiting the arena
Conduct with Staff:
Please remember we are all in this together and trying to do our best to keep each other safe. As alway there is a zero tolerance policy for any mistreatment of staff, coaches, volunteers and/or skaters. Any person that refuses to maintain distances of 2m or abuses staff in any way will receive an automatic suspension from the facility for a period of 2 weeks minimum.
Please watch this page for further information regarding our 2020/2021 Skating Season, including registration information coming soon.
The Arthur & Area Skating Club is a Skate Canada Sanctioned Skating Club that operates out of the Arthur and Area Community Center on Domville Street In Arthur!
We offer a full range of skating programs including Learn to skate, Canskate and Starskate and Adult Fitness. We also are a registered Special Olympics Sports Club. Our coaches are Skate Canada registered coaches.
Our programs run from September until March, and registration can be accepted throughout most of the skating season. Test days, a year end Carnival, and several competition opportunities are also offered! We would love to have you join us!!